Getting Ready for JC Penney's Earnings Release





It has been almost a year since I started following JC Penney and their turnaround effort. I have to admit that supporting them back then was just a little too early and I have paid the price, losing close to half of my original investment on shares of this company.

Having said that, I still think this company can and will be turned around. Though I still think some of the changes that Ron Johnson introduced are good for the company (e.g. uncluttered stores), It is also true that taking away the coupons were a major mistake that resulted in a precipitated decline on sales. Now that Mike Ullman is back on the reign and coupons have been reinstated I think customers will come back.

JC Penney is scheduled to release earnings this upcoming Wednesday, and based on the latest events and releases from the company, I expect it to give positive news that will give the stock a much needed boost and at the same time scare some short sellers away from it.

I will listen to the conference call and dig in the financials for signs of further improvement and a more robust thesis to back up my position on the company and post them here.

I am long JCP, own Jan '15 Calls 8. I do not work for JC Penney nor I receive any type of compensation for this blog from anyone.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fiscal Cliff Won't Stop Facebook From Soaring!

Under Armour Prepares To Increase Leverage Ratios

Under Armour. More Trouble Ahead!