Capstone Turbine (Nasdaq:CPST) High-Risk / High-Reward

Capstone Turbine Corp (Nasdaq: CPST)



This company has been in the business of developing, manufacturing and marketing microturbine technology solutions for a wide range of businesses around the world. Put in simple words, they make turbines to create clean energy relying very little in fossil fuels to do so. You can visit their website to read more of them.

I started following this company about 2 years ago when the price of the stock was about $1.00 or so. I didn't buy there because to me it was too risky and the down potential was far bigger than making money on it. No the company is trading double that price and it is starting to gain traction.

As you can see on their Income Statement posted on Yahoo Finance, the company has been increasing the sales every year for the past three and it looks just as good on this year. A recent video post on You Tube about Walmart introducing a new type of truck (18 wheeler) that will reduce emissions and improve efficiency made me look back at this company again. You can see on the video how that prototype has one of Capstone turbines in it. And although this prototype may never hit the road, this gives us an opportunity to see that the company is actively seeking new ways to innovate.

In my opinion, there's still a lot or homework to do on this company and its stock. But one thing is for sure, it now looks more enticing than 2 years ago. I will start my due diligence on the company before deciding to buy or not the stock but I am more inclined to put some money to work here than I was 2 years ago.

Thanks for reading and I hope to write soon again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fiscal Cliff Won't Stop Facebook From Soaring!

Under Armour Prepares To Increase Leverage Ratios

Under Armour. More Trouble Ahead!